Round 1 of Primary Recruitment will be conducted in an asynchronous format. This means you will have 24 hours to watch 16 videos that will introduce our 14 chapters and the other 2 councils with sororities here on campus! This will take a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes.
While you are watching these chapter videos, chapter members will be viewing your CampusDirector profile (high school involvement, why you want to join, etc.) and your Potential New Member Introduction Video!
These videos are used as a tool for the Potential New Member to introduce themselves to the recruiters in a brief video. These videos should be full of your personality, but should not be a big filming production! Check back soon for examples of these videos!
- Around 2 minutes in length
- Must be filmed on a phone or webcam* (no fancy cameras)
- The background should be plain and clear of any distractions
Please state your name, pronouns (if you are comfortable), your major, and pick 3-4 of the below questions to answer!
- What is something you are passionate about?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
- What is one of your favorite memories from senior year of high school/freshman year of college?
- What is something you could talk for hours about?
- What are you looking for in a chapter?
- Who is someone you admire and why?
- Are you looking to get involved in other student organizations, jobs, or volunteer experiences during your time on campus?
- What is one experience that has changed how you see the world?
- What is one of your favorite traditions?
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A PNM EXAMPLE VIDEO
Check out our instructional videos for how to upload to YouTube!
Steps for uploading to CampusDirector:
- Log in, click on “Edit Account”
- Scroll halfway down to find “Video Link”
- Paste your link
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Save Changes” and you are done! Make sure your link is uploaded by August 20th at noon!
These videos should not be a big production with professional lighting/cameras, fancy backgrounds, or highly edited. We just want chapters to get to know the real YOU!
*If you are unable to access a phone or computer with a working camera/microphone, you may wait to record and upload your video until you get to campus this fall (if you are returning in person) and you can utilize the Phillips Hall One Button Studio (OBS). The One Button Studio has a plain background, good lighting, and a camera installed. You can bring a flash drive, or borrow one from the Panhellenic Council, and they will walk you through the recording and saving of this file. Then you will upload to YouTube using the steps provided above. If you need to use the One Button Studio, please email the Vice President for Recruitment Logistics, Abby Parrott, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 18th at noon, so we can reserve you a time slot to record in OBS! (We are hoping the OBS is open, but if not we will provide other options)!